Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota
July 14 – 22, 2018
All Members of Grace can participate
(Including youth who have completed 7th Grade)
Wednesday, September 20 @ 7:30 p.m.
A family awaits your loving care.
The September Young at Heart will be on September 8 at 12:00 Noon. Our menu will be baked chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, baby carrots, coleslaw, rolls, desserts, milk, and coffee. The speaker is Sister Melanie from Casa Alba. Did you know their offices are across the street from Grace? Sister Melanie will share experiences of the Hispanics in our community and how they are being helped when they come to Green Bay. If you are able, please bring a non-perishable food item for our food pantry. The sign up sheet is on the courtesy desk or call the church office.
Below is a listing of all the programs scheduled for Young at Heart Luncheons. Mark the 2nd Friday of each month on your calendar for Young at Heart. We meet at Noon in the North Basement for food, fun, & fellowship. The cost of the meal is $8.00. Here is some of the schedule for 2017:
SEPTEMBER 8 Casa Alba, Sister Melanie
OCTOBER 13 NEW Community Clinic/Dr. Paul Kollath & Bonnie Kuhr
NOVEMBER 10 To Be Announced
DECEMBER 8 Don Crane/Christmas Music
Hope to see you at many of the interesting programs scheduled.
Bev Larsen, Health Ministries Coordinator
The Power of Pipes
Summertime Organ Concert Series, Green Bay, Wisconsin
Final Concert - August 22, 6:30 p.m.
A free will offering will be collected supporting Green Bay area food pantry ministries
August 22 Grace Lutheran Church, 321 South Madison Street
Denise Zenko, organ John Kopp, organ & piano
Rose Schumacher, organ
If you would like to include the names of people for publication in the church newsletter prayer list please note the following:
- Members of Grace may call the church office and request that first and last names of individuals be placed on the list.
- Names must be called into the church office (no email).
- The caller will be asked to confirm that the name being placed on the prayer list was done so with that person’s permission. Please do not submit names for publication without first receiving permission from the person for whom you are requesting prayers.
- The prayer list is open to anyone for whom you have a prayer concern whether they are members of Grace or not.
- Please note there will be no other identifying information published in the prayer list beyond the person’s first and last name.
Who is this scholarship for?
The Grace Music Scholarship used to be just for organists. Now it's for any member of Grace Lutheran Church of any age who wants to learn to play music and to share it in the life of our congregation. So now we offer a maximum of four $320.00 scholarships each year.
- Organ / keyboard
- Instrumental (non-keyboard)
- Beginner (limited to one scholarship per year)
Because there may not be applicants for each of these categories, the Scholarship Committee may choose to award two or more scholarships in the same category.
For an application and all the details...
Pick up a scholarship information sheet and application in the lobby, church office, buzz room, or parlor desk. Scholarship Deadline is Sunday, August 27.
Contact Pastor Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE HOSPITALIZED …
please call the church office or the pastors, 432-0308. None of the hospitals inform us of the hospitalization of members of Grace in a consistent manner. Thank you!