Are Children Welcome to Worship?
Yes! Worship is for everyone!
- There are special bulletins for children and boxes of crayons and colored pencils.
- There’s a special sermon for children.
- You are welcome to bring simple snacks for very young children (small bags of cereal, graham crackers, goldfish crackers, etc.)
- Holy Communion: If your children have been instructed about communion at your church, they are welcome to receive Holy Communion at Grace! If not, all children are welcome to come forward to receive a blessing during Holy Communion.
- All children are welcome to follow the pastors out of church during the sending hymn to tell the congregation to “Go in peace, serve the Lord!”
There’s Also a Nursery Room
(with toys!) for you to use if your children are restless or if you need to change a diaper. Simply ask an usher for directions. You can continue to listen to the service there. (And there are toys!)
Is There a “Dress Code”?
No! Jesus welcomes everyone just as they are. So do we!
Welcome Guest Cards!
If you’d like us to respond to your visit, we’d love to! Please fill out the bright yellow cards in the pew in front of you and place them in the boxes on the communion tables as you come forward for Holy Communion,
- Every regular worship service includes Holy Communion.
- If you’re a baptized Christian and you believe, trust, and hope that Jesus Christ is truly present as we eat the bread and drink the wine or grape juice we serve in Holy Communion, you are welcome to receive communion at Grace.
- There are communion instructions on the front cover of our worship bulletin or program.
- If you need grape juice or gluten free wafers, they are available. You’ll find the grape juice in a tray of individual cups on a table where communion is served.
- If you need gluten-free communion bread, simply ask a pastor before the service. (You’ll always find one of us on the way to the sanctuary … we’re the ones wearing white robes!)
- If your children have been instructed about communion at your church, they are welcome to receive Holy Communion at Grace! If not, all children are welcome to come forward to receive a blessing during Holy Communion.
How Long is the Service?
About an hour.