Ministry Through Meals
Ministry through Meals!
Jesus said to his disciples: “You give them something to eat!”
At Grace Lutheran Church, we take Jesus at his word!
Here is the ministry we do through meals:
Grace Lutheran Church Food Pantry
10 years ago, Grace Lutheran Church gave away 100 bags of groceries each year. Now more than 100 people stop by Grace every week.
We welcome them to select food items that help them make ends meet for themselves or their families. Unless otherwise noted, the Food Pantry is open on the following days.
- Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Here's how you can help
- On the desk in the Parlor, sign up to serve to welcome our Food Pantry visitors. If you haven't done this before, you'll receive simple instructions on the day you serve.
- Bring food items any time you come to church!
- Volunteer to help transport or sort food received from the Boy Scout and Letter Carrier food drives.
- Mark an offering for the Food Pantry. When we need to, we purchase food from Feeding America and local grocers for the Food Pantry.
- Participate in the annual Food Fight! The present Food Fight Champions are those who worship on Saturday evenings!
Every Easter members of the congregation welcome anyone in our neighborhood to enjoy an Easter Dinner at Grace. Ham, scalloped potatoes, vegetables and dessert are always served up with smiles! To get in touch with those who are running the Easter Dinner this year, please contact Pastor Julie at 920-432-0308 or at email@example.com.
Equal Exchange Coffee, Tea, and Chocolate Sales
A Cup of Coffee isn't Just a Cup of Coffee!
The first weekend of every month* the lobby at Grace Lutheran Church becomes a tiny marketplace for small farmers all over the world to sell coffee, tea, hot chocolate, baking chocolate, and chocolate bars at prices that truly reflect their costs and that guarantee them a fair profit. These farmers are, in turn, able to invest in health and education projects in their communities. They also often receive help learning to farm organically and responsibly. When you buy the cheapest coffee in the store, you miss a tremendous opportunity to make a difference for good in the world!
*Except July and September, when it's the second weekend. Other exceptions may also apply. Please see our Calendar or call the Church Office at 920-432-0308.