Next week, July 12, the prophet Jonah
For July, we are reading the Anne Hillerman’s, The Tale Teller. We read one of her father’s novels, so this gives us an opportunity to compare since Anne keeps the same characters.
NEW LOCATION: Pam Anderson has a new deck – so we will meet at her house to inaugurate it! If something changes, a flare will be sent up. Beverages, napkins, plates, sanitizer will be provided, but please bring your own snacks. If you bring anything to share, please be sure that it is individually wrapped.
We’re still calling it the “Undy 500”! However, this year the Board of Outreach is requesting that instead of purchasing socks and underwear for the Back to School Store, members of Grace make financial contributions. The Back to School Store organizers will then purchase the exact items they need as they provide school supplies to over 3000 low-income students in the Green Bay School District.
Please send in your financial donation to Grace by August 1 and indicate that it is for the “Undy 500”. Keep watching the newsletters, and you will be able to see how well we are doing as we support this important program!
June 10th to July 15th
The board of Youth & Family Ministry is collecting aluminum cans to support upcoming youth activities. Call the church office and let us know when you'll be dropping off cans. Place them by the shed and we'll take it from there!
Joel this Sunday, June 14th at 9:15 via ZOOM
How to respond to a natural disaster
Below is a listing of all the programs scheduled for the 2020 Young at Heart Luncheons. Mark the 2nd Friday of each month on your calendar for Young at Heart. We meet at Noon in the North Basement for food, fun, & fellowship. The cost of the meal varies. Here is some of the schedule for upcoming months. The lunch will be held depending on the status of the coronas virus.
- May 8 - ADRC, Nutrition Jeopardy
- June 12 - Open
- July 10 - Picnic & Bingo
- August 14 - ADRC, Brain Boosters
- September 11 - Open
- October 9 - ADRC, Medicare
- November 13 - Open
- December 11 - Christmas Carols
Keeping you in the (hearing) Loop…
A couple of weeks ago a hearing loop for T-coil hearing aids was installed in the sanctuary. We are grateful for the financial donation that made this possible. We have already received reports from a number of people of their improved worship experience. Read on and learn more so that you too can be “in the loop!”
Grace provides the evening meal at the NEW Shelter the 2nd Saturday each month. That consists of
- 4 servers,
- 7 desserts (24 servings each), and
- 30 meatloaves (2 pounds each). T
The sign-up sheet to volunteer to make and drop food off is on the desk in the parlor.
If you would like to include the names of people for publication in the church newsletter prayer list please note the following:
- Members of Grace may call the church office and request that first and last names of individuals be placed on the list.
- Names must be called into the church office (no email).
- The caller will be asked to confirm that the name being placed on the prayer list was done so with that person’s permission. Please do not submit names for publication without first receiving permission from the person for whom you are requesting prayers.
- The prayer list is open to anyone for whom you have a prayer concern whether they are members of Grace or not.
- Please note there will be no other identifying information published in the prayer list beyond the person’s first and last name.
IF YOU ARE HOSPITALIZED …
please call the church office or the pastors, 432-0308. None of the hospitals inform us of the hospitalization of members of Grace in a consistent manner. Thank you!