IN-PERSON WORSHIP: EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Starting on May 1st and 2nd, we will be able to start all of our normal worship services in-person: Saturdays @ 5:00 p.m., Sundays @ 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
2. We are no longer offering the 9:30 a.m. communion gatherings.
3. Capacity for each service will be 45, though that does not include worship assistants and GLC staff.
4. Reservations: First-come, first-serve. Every Monday, people will need to call the church office or the church office answering machine at 432 0308 to make reservations for worship that week. If you leave a message, please let us know what service you would like to attend and how many people are attending with you.
5. If the service you’d like to attend is full, you will be offered space at another service. If that doesn’t work for your schedule or if all the services are full, you can reserve seats at the service of your choice for the next weekend only.
Before the Service:
1. Please use only the Monroe Street lobby entrance. Other entrances will be locked.
2. Hand sanitizer, masks, and socially distance markers and seating will still be required for all people in the building for worship or any other reasons. Masks are available in the lobby. Hand sanitizer is available at several locations.
3. Only the first-floor bathrooms will be used.
4. Please use the entrance to the nave (sanctuary) across from the parlor.
5. Bulletins will be available from the Bulletin Usher at the doorway and children’s bulletins, clipboards, and crayons will be available just beyond the doorway on the Kidspace table. Bringing crayons/colored pencils for your children will help.
6. Offerings will be collected in an Offering Box located next to the Kidspace table.
7. An usher inside the nave will help explain seating. Please use pews with no padded seat covers and observe social distancing between couple/family groups.
8. Please let an usher know if you will be receiving communion in the pew.
During the service:
1. Sharing of the peace will be a spoken response only.
2. Other brief spoken responses will be included in the bulletin in bold print as usual. Please feel free to respond.
3. Singing will be restored later in the year
4. Greeting/hand-shaking following the service will be restored later in the year.
5. On the back of the bulletin, you’ll find a contact card to use if you are a guest, if you would like to share your contact information changes, etc. Once a year, please record that you have communed for record-keeping purposes. There will be a box for contact cards only as you exit the sanctuary.
6. Communion: Ushers will direct you forward for communion.
7. Please take your coats, purses, filled-out contact cards, and other personal belongs with you. You will not return to your pew after communion. You may leave crayons and bulletins in the pews.
8. Hand sanitizer is available before communion.
9. From the trays on the communion tables, take one cup with a cube of bread in it and one cup with either grape juice or wine.
10. Children will receive a verbal blessing.
11. Please wait to consume the communion elements until you have exited into the hallway.
12. You will receive a blessing from a pastor there.
13. There will be a trash container for empty cups there.
14. Please place contact cards in the contact card box.
15. Please exit the building immediately. Conversations may be held outside.
Radio and Live-Streamed Services:
● Our 8:00 a.m. radio service will still be live-streamed on our YouTube channel and links will still be available to it on Facebook and the website.
● If you would like to schedule individual communion visits with the pastors, please contact them.
● The summer worship schedule begins on Thursday, May 27 at 5:30 p.m. Sunday services in summer are at 8:00 and 10:00 a.m.