The collection of items for Operation Christmas is beginning! Operation Christmas provides Christmas gifts and supplies for 2 local group homes operated by Lutheran Social Services. These homes provide 8 individuals in each home a new start as they continue recovery from addiction and manage their mental health needs. The homes assist clients to increase their independent living skills and function more independently.
In previous years Grace members have generously donated money or supplies to Operation Christmas and it has been greatly appreciated!
Below is a list of items that the staff has indicated would be welcomed:
● Personal Supplies: toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, laundry soap, dryer sheets, totes of any kind, combs, brushes, deodorant - men’s and women’s, smaller laundry baskets
● Craft Projects: Any kind of adult craft or activity projects, adult coloring books, marking pens, ribbon (large enough to write on), paint for painting projects.
● Gift Cards: $10 gift cards for example: Walmart, Dollar Tree, Aldis, Woodmans, Kwik Trip
● Food and items for holiday parties: Food and items that can put out for brunch on Christmas and New Year’s Eve and day.
● General items for the homes: Decaf coffee, paper plates, plastic silverware, napkins, snacks such as chips, crackers, cheese spread, cookies, soda, single serve drink mix packets, water, hot chocolate in individual packers, apple cider, any kind of munchies.
Items can be left in the collection bin in the hallway near the sanctuary. Take-home lists of requested items can also be found there.
Financial donations can be labeled “Operation Christmas” and dropped off at the church office or placed in the offering box.
Any questions please contact Linda Rabe at 920-737-4603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!