Our Food Pantry
Jesus said to his disciples: “You give them something to eat!”
At Grace, we take Jesus at his word! Twenty years ago, we gave away 100 bags of groceries each year. Now almost 100 people stop by Grace for help every week.
We welcome our Food Pantry guests to select food items that help them make ends meet for themselves or their families. Unless otherwise noted, the Food Pantry is open on the following days.
- Tuesdays, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Here are this year’s Food Pantry Schedule Adjustments due to Holidays.
Closings Due to Bad Weather
If the Green Bay Public Schools are closed during the day or during hours the Food Pantry is scheduled, the Food Pantry will also be closed.
Here’s How You Can Help
- On the desk in the parlor, please sign up to serve to welcome our Food Pantry guests. If you haven’t served at the Food Pantry before, you’ll receive simple instructions on the day you serve.
- Bring food items any time you come to church! There is a large basket for non-perishable items outside the entrance to the sanctuary where people hang their coats.
- Volunteer to help transport or sort food received from the Boy Scout and Letter Carrier food drives. These opportunities to serve will be announced in church and will be published in the bulletin and newsletter.
- Mark an offering for the Food Pantry. We purchase food from Feeding America and local grocers.
- Participate in the annual Food Fight! The present Food Fight Champions are those who worship on Saturday evenings!