NEW Community Shelter Meal
For more than 20 years, members of Grace have helped provide a meal at the New Community Shelter on the 2nd Saturday evening of the month.
Did You Know:
- The New Community Shelter, in collaboration with over 140 community organizations, church groups, businesses and individuals, offers dinner meal 365 days a year for residents and community men, women, and children who are hungry. In 2019 they served 110,000 meals!
- The New Community Shelter was established in 1994 to provide emergency shelter and supportive services for 92 homeless adult men and women in Brown County and surrounding areas and a transitional living program that includes 16 efficiency apartments.
How You Can Help:
Please sign up on the desk in the parlor to help serve a meal or to provide:
- 150 pieces of fruit (apples, bananas, oranges, cuties)
- 14 desserts (1 dessert = 12 servings…12 bars, 12 cookies, etc.)
- Donations may be made by designating them for the New Community Shelter.